Safe and Fun Halloween in Elmhurst
Halloween is just around the corner and you may be hearing questions of “what should I be for Halloween this year”? Costumes, trick or treating, and a candy overdose may be on your kids’ minds, but, as parents, you want to make sure your kids are safe as they enjoy Halloween throughout Elmhurst. As you apply the face paint, fix the princess costume, and ready yourself for an onslaught of candy-hungry goblins, here are a few tips for your kids to have a safe and fun Halloween:
- When trick or treating, make sure they only go to houses with lights on and homes that others have gone to already
- Make sure kids travel in groups and never get separated
- Always accompany kids under 12 and take advantage of this time to meet your Elmhurst neighbors
- Follow the assigned hours for trick or treating in Elmhurst. Normally the hours are between 3:30 and 7:30
- Have a flashlight or glow stick handy when trick or treating
- Never run across Elmhurst streets without checking for oncoming cars and traffic
- Do not eat any candy until candy can be inspected by an adult
- Stay within familiar blocks or neighborhoods
- Make sure all costumes are safe, allow the child to easily see where he/she is going, is not too baggy as to cause any falls, and masks can be easily removed if necessary
For additional Elmhurst Halloween fun, on Saturday October, 29, there will be a magic show and movie at the York Theatre starting at 9 a.m. Kids can go trick or treating in the Elmhurst City Centre after the movie from 11:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Plenty of time for your little ghouls to fill their bags with candy. All of this is free of charge which is a nice Halloween treat.
The Gracik Makinney Real Estate Group family and friends will be trick or treating throughout Elmhurst this Halloween. It is a great opportunity to enjoy the fall weather with your kids, have a few laughs and scares, and, when done safely, can be memorable for years to come.